A huge aspect of moving is the actual process of getting all of your belongings into your moving boxes. The way you pack your boxes makes a big difference in the safety and preservation of your items, especially the fragile ones. Knowing the difference between the right and wrong way to pack your boxes will make all the difference in making sure no items are broken during the transition, as well as make it easier for you when you go to unpack them in your new home. There is a method to make this easier. There are also supplies that will aid in the safety of your items during the move.
The Essential Supplies:
In addition to your moving boxes, here’s a short list of recommended packing supplies to make your life a whole lot easier. Steer clear of packing peanuts and bubble wrap. Packing paper is the cheapest and most efficient way to protect your items. Plus, it makes unpacking a lot easier at the other end.
- Cushion Foam
- Packing Paper
- Permanent Marker
- Packing Tape
How to Assemble Your Moving Boxes
If you’ve purchased brand new moving boxes, then they’ll need to be assembled. You’ll first unfold the box until it’s in a cube shape. On the bottom of the box, there will be small flaps. You’ll want to fold them into the center and then fold the larger flaps over the top of them. Finally, you’ll apply a strip or two of tape along the crevasse where the two large flaps meet to adhere them together.
How to Pack Boxes For Moving
1. Gather and group items of similar size and weight especially from the same room.
2. Wrap the heaviest items first with packing paper and place then into the bottom of the box.
3. Next, wrap the lighter items with packing paper.
4. Place the larger wrapped items in the box first and then the lighter ones on top of them.
5. Before closing the box, pack and cushion it with crumpled up packing paper.
6. Fill the box to a weight that will still be comfortable for you to carry if you’re not hiring a professional moving company.
7. Close the box and seal it with packing tape.
8. Label the box either by the room the items came from or by the items themselves.
Make sure when you’re stacking your boxes to put the larger and heavier boxes on the bottom and the smaller and lighter ones on top. This will help the stack stay sturdy during transit.
This sounds like a whole lot of work, doesn’t it? We have some good news. You can have all of this grueling work taken care of by hiring professional movers in Bala Cynwyd! Your back and your friends will thank you.