When it is time to move, no one wants their personal belongings to get damaged or broken. You have to be especially careful with large and valuable items because they are not easily repaired or replaced. Here are some useful tips that will help you protect the most prized, valuable, and expensive belongings throughout the move:
If you are moving photographs, vintage postcards, or collectible magazines, here is what you should do:
- Use waterproof packaging, such as a sealed plastic bag, for example;
- Place your paper items in an envelope that is taped closed and do not forget to mark it as fragile. Do not fold or bend the envelope.
- Put your waterproof packaging in a sturdy plastic bin or box.
Moving Pottery, Porcelain, and Glassware?
Items made of materials that can be easily cracked need to be handled with extreme care.
- Use special protective material to wrap your items, such as bubble wrap, for example;
- Put your items in a container that is slightly bigger than the items and do not forget to line it with bubble wrap for protection;
- Pack heavier items first, such as plates or vases for example;
- Do not make the box with your glassware too heavy because it will be hard to lift and carry, and therefore easier to drop.
Moving Antique Furniture?
To properly move antique furniture, follow these steps:
- Use multiple layers of protection, including a protective layer from shock and vibration, a protective wrap, and a protective outer shell.
- Move your antique furniture slowly without dragging or pushing its delicate parts.
- Call in the professionals.
O’Malley Moving Services – Professional Moving Services In Newtown Square, PA
If you have fragile or valuable possessions that need to be transported during a move, O’Malley Moving Services is one of the top-notch local moving companies in Newton Square and Collegeville, PA. We specialize in both local and long-distance moving, and we can guarantee that you will receive tailored moving services meeting your needs. We are among the best residential moving companies in Collegeville, so make sure to reach out to us to find out about the services we provide or hire a team of our movers.