Just like the process of moving from one home to the next, the seasons are changing as well and spring is almost here! Spring is a very unique time of year that seems to bless the earth with rebirth and renewal. It may feel the same way moving into a new home. Change can be scary but it can leave you with a sense of refreshment.
Planning to move right after winter surely makes for a fresh start and it actually can be the most beneficial time of year to move. We’ve put together 5 of the main reasons why you may benefit more from moving in the spring compared to other times of the year.
- Spring Weather Can Be Your Allie: After a cold and damp winter, the milder days are much appreciated and the temperature is much more tolerable. Although, spring weather can be very sporadic and ideal moving conditions are not guaranteed. Therefore, our advice is to keep a close eye on the weather and plan accordingly. You’re more likely to get a nice moving day in the spring!
- Sell Your Home Efficiently: Spring has been known to be one of the best times to sell your home. This is because people prefer to purchase a new home and settle into it right around the arrival of summertime. Spring cleaning also gives you an advantage and an opportunity to tidy up your home and make sure that it’s in ideal selling condition. The beautiful weather, sunny skies, and fresh air add to the excellent first impression of your home.
- Ideal for Garage Sales: With the weather being potentially beautiful, this gives you an opportunity to host the largest garage sale you’ve ever had. Before moving you’ll want to sell off all unneeded items from your current home that way you can make a profit and lighten the load you’ll be bringing to your new place.
- Shop Strategically: The spring comes right before the peak of the moving season and the majority of moving companies have not yet upped their prices for the summer. Therefore you’re guaranteed to get a better deal than you would for a winter or a summer move. Sometimes professional movers find themselves understaffed during the height of the moving season so they employ temporary workers to help out. Before the height of the moving season you’re almost guaranteed to get the most experienced movers.
- What to Look For: When it comes to shopping for a professional moving company there are a few things that take priority that need to be considered. Affordability is key. Make sure to get a quote from your potential moving company. Find a good company with a solid reputation that you know you can trust with your relocation. Your top rated moving company should exude professionalism and be able to accommodate your move day with all of the resources needed and without any problems.
O’Malley Moving Services has been moving families since 1974 with safe and experienced movers. We find ways to save you money on your move all while protecting your belongings and we’re fully insured. O’Malley Moving Services is the moving company you’re looking for to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Call us today at (610) 789-5201 for a quote on your upcoming move!