The process of moving can easily become overwhelming and a little disorganized. We’ve compiled 5 key tips on how to get your home organized again after your move is complete.
- Put away after use: The easiest way to stay organized is to not let things get out of hand. Make sure you put away your stuff after you use it. This habit can lead to your home staying clean and organized in the long run.
- Clean as you go: You don’t have to clean your home from top to bottom as soon as you move in. Just clean items as you unpack them. This will help to make cleaning your home and items a more gradual and less stressful process.
- Don’t collect clutter: Maybe you started this process before your move but learn to let go of things you don’t need anymore. Not to say you’re a hoarder but sometimes simpler is better and moving into a new home is the perfect time to let go of things you really don’t use or need.
- Embrace change: A lot like number 3, embracing change is a healthy way to start developing new habits that will lead to a cleaner and less cluttered home. Moving into your new home is a great opportunity for you to be the more organized person you were hoping to be.
- Make it your routine: Start your day by making your bed. Marines do this because of the power of momentum. Completing one simple task in the morning generates momentum which carries you through the rest of the day. Making sure your bed is made and the room is clean before entering any other room in the house may cause you to keep everything in your home tidier throughout the day.
Staying organized is the easy part. For the rigorous part of moving, call O’Malleys Moving Company at (610) 789-5201 to ensure that your move goes as quickly and seamlessly as possible.